Ecommerce retail sales in India amounted to 16 billion USD in 2016 and increased to 20 billion USD in 2017. With a massive population of 1.3 billion, of which nearly 332 million are active internet users, India has a huge potential market for all kinds of ecommerce businesses.
With user-friendly, customizable and efficient interfaces, ecommerce building platforms have radically transformed the process of building websites. However, the process of getting to know and then choosing the right ecommerce platform for your business can be overwhelming…
Here’s a list of some of the most useful ecommerce platforms available in India:
- Shopify – By providing separate plans for small businesses and bigger, established businesses, this Canadian company caters to the specific needs of a business. Over 6 lakh businesses worldwide use Shopify for ecommerce sales. Shopify offers paid packages that come with a 14-day free trial in order to allow you to explore the requirements of your business. The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, The New York Times and Mashable are some of the companies that have used Shopify to develop their websites.
- Magento – Designed for all kinds of businesses – B2B, B2C and hybrid, Magento is a flexible ecommerce website generator. It allows businesses to sell via several mediums including email, mobile, in-store, shipping and so on. Magento has features that allow you to manage orders efficiently, track inventory and save time amongst several other benefits. It also provides businesses with multiple channels to sell their products like Facebook, eBay, Amazon, etc and manage everything using one single platform.
- BigCommerce – With testimonies from big companies like Toyota, Kodak, etc., BigCommerce offers a variety of specific services like “Sell on Amazon”, “Sell on Facebook”, “Ecommerce Hosting”, “Ecommerce Design”, and so on. These specialized services cater to the specific needs of your business, allowing you to pay only for what your business really needs
- Wix – This platform allows individuals, groups and businesses to build free websites. For a nominal cost, one can get their own domain, more storage space and remove ads. Wix also generates personalized SEO plans for businesses, aiding them to rank higher in Google searches. Wix also provides many suggestions to increase site traffic and hence boost sales.
- Weebly – Weebly boasts of allowing you to manage your ecommerce website or online store using any device – your smartphone, tablet, notebook/laptop or desktop. It also allows you to link your website/store with 200 apps and websites that optimize processes such as appointments, bookings, shipping, accounting, etc for your business, improving the experience for your customers.
These online websites allow your business to build an online store or professional website in a very short time. They help in streamlining many processes for your business in a way such that building and managing ecommerce websites/stores feels like a cakewalk in comparison to the high ROI that is generated as a result. Understanding the specific dynamics of your business is a prerequisite before choosing a suitable ecommerce platform, so that you can utilise the platform to its maximum potential and incrementally boost brand awareness and sales.
- https://unsplash.com/ – (pictures)